Wednesday, March 11, 2009

pregnancy update

Things are going along well here in the north. The snow has all melted so at least it LOOKS like spring is thinking about coming, even if most days it still FEELS like winter.


I am at 16 weeks and feeling much better now that I have moved into the second trimester. It is great to have energy and ambition again! The baby is doing well. I had an ultrasound last week (no, we do not yet know if it is a boy or girl, that will come in April) and the baby was developing well and moving and had a normal heart beat. However, they found a spot between the placenta and the wall of the uterus where the had been some bleeding. As a result I am on almost, but not quite, bed rest. I may be up and around, but no lifting, no chasing boys, no running, no vacuuming, . . you get the picture. I may sit! With my legs up! I may cook and I may go out to the store for short trips, but no mega shopping trips. The Dr. wants me to be very, very careful so that this spot can heal and any bleeding will stop completely. We have lined up different friends to come and be around during the day to help me with the boys. We don't know how long this will last. I see the Dr. again on March 24th, but I don't know if they will lift the restrictions then or not. We are praying for quick and complete healing. We value your prayers as well.

0 comments: