Saturday, March 6, 2010

surgery

Surgery is now over and I can recover. Once I was there and all prepped for surgery the surgeon came in, felt my belly and said,

" Did I tell you you have a hernia?"
NO!!
"Well, I will check it out once I am inside."
Later, once they had begun the surgery they called Jeremiah in the waiting room (momentary heart attack for Jeremiah, until the nurse explained) to ask if it was ok to do both procedures since they were already inside. Um, yeah, ok.
So, now instead of having 3 incisions, I have 7 and a bit more restrictions during recovery. I am not supposed to bend or lift more than 2 lbs in each hand. What?!? So, we have some figuring to do. It looks like we will need some help here for a season.
For now I am drugged up and tired and a bit woozy, but thankful it is over and I am home and the recovery process has begun.
Thanks for all of your prayers.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying that all the pieces come together as you recuperate. How much does little Anya weigh by now? Is she more petite than the boys were at her age? Wish I were closer to help out. Pam